Thursday, January 10, 2013

Week one EOC: My voice

I've been involved in music as far as I can remember. Having a father that's a DJ, a mother that's a choir director and an older sister that's a dancer, there seemed to be no other choice for me. Being a musician, singer/ song writer, dancer and DJ has really put me at a competitive edge in the industry. I also have love for all genres of music. There's no song I will not give a chance at least once. This is why I decided to take up my career as an audio engineer. The idea of being able to take something someone composed or performed and edit it into a potential timeless song fascinates me. Being able to manipulate sounds and frequencies is something that really expresses creativity. In my mixes I try to do something new every time. I spend countless hours going through sounds and plug-ins just to find the perfect one. And yet, I don't mind it at all. It's my passion. My mother always told me if I'm going to do something make sure it's what I love to do. That's the key to happiness. Music makes me happy, so it makes sense that this was the only option for my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment